Okay, so I started this post on Monday and didn’t finish. So I thought I’d just roll it into ten on Tuesday. Well, guess what…I didn’t finish that either. And now today is Wednesday, but it is actually only a couple hours away from Thursday, and I’m not confident I’ll finish tonight either, so that is where my title comes from.
1. Let’s go all the way back May 30th. It was the most perfect weekend EVER, and we took full advantage. We got the boat out and ready for the first time this year, and the Jacobsen’s (minus one) joined us at the river for a couple hours. I didn’t think the girls would be up for going in the water because it was so cold, but that didn’t stop them. They were in and out filling up their buckets and playing in the sand. Joycee took a little bit of convincing, but eventually she warmed up to the idea. It was so long ago that I don’t remember much else, but I do remember thinking that it was such a relaxing day. And then the next day I was exhausted and did nothing but lie around and nap!
2. Oh yeah, that next day that I was so exhausted, we did go out for a little photo shoot. I was wanting to get some official three year old shots, and had a special location in mind. Well, things didn’t work out the way I’d planned, and then by the time we found a different location it was getting dark. So I guess I will be trying again soon. Here are a few from that night. Doesn’t she just look SO grown up in that last one?
3. Speaking of photo shoots…I cannot get around like I used to! There is no more getting my face on the ground for a shot, or lying on my stomach. Heck, there isn’t even any more running. I do get a lot of good shots of the back of her head, though.
4. All of last week was spent on the couch for me. I came down with an awful cold, and it was miserable. Thankfully, that is over!
5. Last Saturday, some of our good friends hosted a little get together and BBQ in celebration of our soon-to-be family member! It is always so much fun spending time with them, and I thank them all for a great night and for caring about us and our family so much. It truly means the world to us! Rory spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa’s, too, so we got to sleep in the next morning. That was a bonus!
6. My baby belly is officially 33 weeks round. I am starting to realize that the time is coming sooner and sooner, and I’m not sure how I feel about that yet! I am definitely excited to meet our little man, but I am also nervous. Excited to see what he will look like, to kiss his sweet cheeks, to see Rory as a big sister. Nervous about all the logistics about actually birthing a baby and what follows, about how Rory will really respond once it all sets in, hoping that he will be healthy. Lots of emotions!
7. Rory has been going through what I think is another three year old phase. I have been a little down about it because I feel like I can’t win some days with her, and I just worry that it is maybe in response to the anticipation of baby brother coming. On top of it, she has been having a hard time with me leaving her, and that breaks my heart. I know it is all normal stuff, but that doesn’t make it any easier. Hopefully, it will pass soon.
8. Because of the rough time Rory has been having, today I decided to leave work an hour early and take her to the zoo. She was so excited when I got there to pick her up! We had a blast, and at one point she even said to me, “Mom, the zoo is so SO much fun!” She was most excited to see the bears, and afterward she skipped around singing “Bare Necessities.” Actually, she was most excited to go down the slide. The girl loves slides (what three year old doesn’t?), and for awhile I was thinking that I had just paid $10 for us to play on the slide.
It was a nice evening, but the zoo visit ended when she tripped and fell hands first onto the sidewalk, and scraped her hands up.
9. Rory got some of this Crayola sidewalk paint for her birthday (thank you, McCloud’s), and the stuff is awesome. I really dislike sidewalk chalk because of the dusty mess it creates, but this is not messy at all. I even sat my pregnant self out on the driveway and participated, it was that fun! I definitely recommend it.
10. During the course of typing all of this, and editing the photos from the zoo, I’ve managed to stay off of Facebook and haven’t done any blog surfing. In other words, I have been productive! And I was able to get it all done before Thursday!