So, I've seen lots of other people do this on their blog, and since I don't have any pictures to post, I thought I'd give it a shot. Just ten random things on my mind and going on around here.
1. Rory has been obsessed with shoes lately. She loves to slip on my flip flops and wear them around. It doesn't matter if they're on the right feet or not, or even if she has her toes in the right place. She walks around skidding her feet along so carefully trying hard not to let them fall off. The other night, she had her purse on her arm and waved to me, "bye!" I asked her where she was going and she said, "Target." Oh, okay. She spent several minutes in the entryway, and then eventually came up the stairs with my shoes on, and said so proudly, "bought em at Target!" She is such a pretender these days, and I thoroughly enjoy it because it is entertainment to say the least. And it keeps her busy.
2. I went on quite the trip to Wyoming today. The ride home in the plane was so bumpy and rough that I started feeling really sick. I looked over at the guy across from me, and said, "this is going to be a looong trip home." He just shook his head and said, "where are the bags?" Uh oh! We found him a bag just in time for him to…yeah you know. Poor guy. I am just so thankful that it wasn't me. Then, in order to avoid the bumps, the pilots had us put on the oxygen masks and they took us up to a higher elevation. It was the most excitement I've had at work in quite awhile!
3. On that same trip, I finally read Randy Pausch's book, "The Last Lecture." I had seen the on line video of his lecture several months ago, and later bought his book, but just haven't gotten around to reading it. What an inspiration. I definitely encourage everyone to read his book or at least watch the video. Unfortunately, Randy recently lost his battle with cancer, but it was not before he left behind a huge part of himself and his positive attitude with thousands of people. There were so many points that I loved in the book. One that really stuck out to me today was this:
I used to tell anyone who worked in my research group: "You don't ever have to worry about what I'm thinking. Good or bad, I'll let you know what's in my head."
This is something I've thought about a lot lately, and I am trying hard to be that way myself. It is just so much easier if you let people know how you're feeling or what you're thinking so that you can deal with it then, not have to worry about it, and move on.
4. I have been staying really busy with my new photography business. Right now, I'm working on some holiday card designs, and will soon be announcing some 20 minute mini sessions, which will be perfect for getting your holiday card photos and gifts. I also have my first senior photo session tomorrow evening (we had to reschedule at the last minute), and I'm so excited for that so check back in the next few days to see some sneak peeks!
5. On a related note with the photography business, there have been lots and lots of hits on my blog lately, so I know there are actually people who are reading my nonsense, but nobody ever comments! Hello? If you're reading this, say hi and introduce yourself! :o)
6. Uncle Zachie and Katie will be starting school again soon. Zach came back today, and Rory is super excited! She showed off and acted silly for about an hour before bedtime tonight for Zach, and she has been saying once in awhile, "Zachie, Katie home soon."
7. Josey was gone Saturday evening, and I wanted to take a break from the computer, so I used my time to sew Rory this really cute bag. Perfect for her beloved Dr. Seuss books. She loved it so much, she didn't want to take the books out to read them. Goof ball. (And I guess I lied about the no pictures to post thing.)
8. I have been in love with that apple fabric I made Rory's bag out of since the line came out. I expressed my love of it to Jenny at Sweet Birdie, and she is now making a custom designed dress for Rory using all fabrics that I picked out myself, one being the apple fabric. (Anyone recognize that sweet little girl on the front of her website?) I cannot wait to get it, and take some photos!
9. My newest favorite website to visit is www.thepioneerwoman.com. If you have never read this site, you are missing out. She is freaking hilarious, and her recipes make me hungry. Beware, though…I'm pretty sure this lady is related to Paula Deen. The amount of butter she uses cannot be good for the figure. I guess that's what makes them so good; right?
10. Have you all been watching the Olympics? I haven't watched a lot, but I did turn on the opening ceremony the other night, and Rory laid with me on the couch for a good half an hour and snuggled and watched with me. She was in awe of the television, and mommy was in heaven with all the cuddling. There is not much time for that in her life these days, so I will take anything I can get!